General Women’s Conference: My Takeaway
I love meeting as women of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! And I needed to hear these messages so it was really just perfect. If you missed it, you can watch or read here! Here are some of the main points I want to remember and share:
- Seek to understand and accept myself so that I can do the same with others.
- CHOOSE a positive attitude! I can’t control others but frankly, I do control what enters into my life – so I should learn to accept it! This means taking total accountability.
- Our faith in Christ allows us to meet any challenge with strength and vigor. Why? Because God is truth, and the truth shall set you free.
- “Hope and healing are not found in the dark abyss of secrecy”. I need to ask for help when I have a problem! I need to acknowledge my weaknesses! This is the only way I will overcome them.
- Every time I am feeling depressed, I find peace only when I continue to act in the simple things that I know: sleep, scriptures, prayer, eating healthy meals, and exercise. Think small and simple!
- Faith is meant to empower us to act on God’s will, not to force our will on Him or others.
- All is right. All is well. Life is fair. Have faith in that, even when I don’t always know the “why” of events!
- I will ALWAYS find answers when I truly desire to change.
- I love the way Uchtdorf talks about his wife! You can feel how much he values women, and he knows the important role we play. His capacity to love is incredible. This type of love takes a lifetime of practice.
I hope you enjoyed conference as much as I did! Have a great week. ♡